Three people commit suicide
Kanpur: A farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was unable to pay the debt he had taken, police said.
35-year-old Amarnath hanged himself from a tree yesterday in the Bilhour area.
The victim had taken loan from many money lenders to do farming which he was unable to repay, police said.
In another case, a girl from Faithfulganj area allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after she had gone into depression over the recent death of her mother. She was living with her elder brother.
In a third incident, a man, who was an alcoholic, hanged himself last evening after he had a tiff with his family over his frequent drinking.
All the three bodies have been sent for post-mortem and police has initiated the probe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani