Three people commit suicide
Kanpur: A farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was unable to pay the debt he had taken, police said.
35-year-old Amarnath hanged himself from a tree yesterday in the Bilhour area.
The victim had taken loan from many money lenders to do farming which he was unable to repay, police said.
In another case, a girl from Faithfulganj area allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after she had gone into depression over the recent death of her mother. She was living with her elder brother.
In a third incident, a man, who was an alcoholic, hanged himself last evening after he had a tiff with his family over his frequent drinking.
All the three bodies have been sent for post-mortem and police has initiated the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi