Three people commit suicide
Kanpur: A farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was unable to pay the debt he had taken, police said.
35-year-old Amarnath hanged himself from a tree yesterday in the Bilhour area.
The victim had taken loan from many money lenders to do farming which he was unable to repay, police said.
In another case, a girl from Faithfulganj area allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after she had gone into depression over the recent death of her mother. She was living with her elder brother.
In a third incident, a man, who was an alcoholic, hanged himself last evening after he had a tiff with his family over his frequent drinking.
All the three bodies have been sent for post-mortem and police has initiated the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh