Three people commit suicide
Kanpur: A farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was unable to pay the debt he had taken, police said.
35-year-old Amarnath hanged himself from a tree yesterday in the Bilhour area.
The victim had taken loan from many money lenders to do farming which he was unable to repay, police said.
In another case, a girl from Faithfulganj area allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after she had gone into depression over the recent death of her mother. She was living with her elder brother.
In a third incident, a man, who was an alcoholic, hanged himself last evening after he had a tiff with his family over his frequent drinking.
All the three bodies have been sent for post-mortem and police has initiated the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH