Three people commit suicide
Kanpur: A farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was unable to pay the debt he had taken, police said.
35-year-old Amarnath hanged himself from a tree yesterday in the Bilhour area.
The victim had taken loan from many money lenders to do farming which he was unable to repay, police said.
In another case, a girl from Faithfulganj area allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after she had gone into depression over the recent death of her mother. She was living with her elder brother.
In a third incident, a man, who was an alcoholic, hanged himself last evening after he had a tiff with his family over his frequent drinking.
All the three bodies have been sent for post-mortem and police has initiated the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'