Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad
Lucknow: Three policemen were killed in Ghaziabad when a truck ran over a group of seven police personnel who were on night duty, police said on Friday.
The accident happened in the Masuri area late Thursday after the driver lost control and the truck ran over the policemen.
While three policemen died on the spot, the remaining four have been admitted to hospital in serious condition.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghaziabad Prashant Kumar told a news agency that three people, including the driver and cleaner of the truck, have been arrested.
The killed policemen have been identified as sub-inspector Jagveer Singh, and head constables Preetam Singh and Tanzeem. The men belonged to the 45th battalion of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and the civil police.
The police personnel were on duty in the area after communal violence in the area last week. The injured were identified as Pratap Singh, Raj Kumar, Jitendra Singh and Navneet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video