Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad
Lucknow: Three policemen were killed in Ghaziabad when a truck ran over a group of seven police personnel who were on night duty, police said on Friday.
The accident happened in the Masuri area late Thursday after the driver lost control and the truck ran over the policemen.
While three policemen died on the spot, the remaining four have been admitted to hospital in serious condition.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghaziabad Prashant Kumar told a news agency that three people, including the driver and cleaner of the truck, have been arrested.
The killed policemen have been identified as sub-inspector Jagveer Singh, and head constables Preetam Singh and Tanzeem. The men belonged to the 45th battalion of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and the civil police.
The police personnel were on duty in the area after communal violence in the area last week. The injured were identified as Pratap Singh, Raj Kumar, Jitendra Singh and Navneet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000