Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad
Lucknow: Three policemen were killed in Ghaziabad when a truck ran over a group of seven police personnel who were on night duty, police said on Friday.
The accident happened in the Masuri area late Thursday after the driver lost control and the truck ran over the policemen.
While three policemen died on the spot, the remaining four have been admitted to hospital in serious condition.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghaziabad Prashant Kumar told a news agency that three people, including the driver and cleaner of the truck, have been arrested.
The killed policemen have been identified as sub-inspector Jagveer Singh, and head constables Preetam Singh and Tanzeem. The men belonged to the 45th battalion of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and the civil police.
The police personnel were on duty in the area after communal violence in the area last week. The injured were identified as Pratap Singh, Raj Kumar, Jitendra Singh and Navneet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic