Tight security in Farukkhabad ahead of IAC`s rally
Farukkhabad: Security has been stepped up in Farukkhabad today in view of protests planned by Arvind Kejriwal and his associated against alleged irregularities by the trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife.
Congress workers have also announced to lodge their protest against Kejriwal in a democratic manner, sources said.
Police said security has been tightened in the area in the wake of the protests planned by IAC and Congress workers.
Khurshid had dared Kejriwal to stage a protest in his constituency and had said "let him also return from Farrukhabad".
Meanwhile, a force of 1400 farmers armed with lathis has been constituted by the Bharatiya Kisan Union for Kejriwal`s security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar