Tight security in Farukkhabad ahead of IAC`s rally
Farukkhabad: Security has been stepped up in Farukkhabad today in view of protests planned by Arvind Kejriwal and his associated against alleged irregularities by the trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife.
Congress workers have also announced to lodge their protest against Kejriwal in a democratic manner, sources said.
Police said security has been tightened in the area in the wake of the protests planned by IAC and Congress workers.
Khurshid had dared Kejriwal to stage a protest in his constituency and had said "let him also return from Farrukhabad".
Meanwhile, a force of 1400 farmers armed with lathis has been constituted by the Bharatiya Kisan Union for Kejriwal`s security.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference