Top UP cop denies touching feet of SP general secretary
Etah: Caught in a controversy for reportedly touching the feet of Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav during an event, the district police chief Friday denied the charge saying media reports on the incident were "baseless".
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma said, "The news is false and baseless. I only paid regards to Ram Gopal Yadav and did not touch his feet.
"I was only trying to control the people who were touching Yadav`s feet. I was only doing my duty and am fully aware of the dignity of my uniform and post. What has been shown on the news channels is false," he said.
Sharma reportedly touched the feet of the Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary during an eye camp on the district panchayat premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack