Top UP cop denies touching feet of SP general secretary
Etah: Caught in a controversy for reportedly touching the feet of Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav during an event, the district police chief Friday denied the charge saying media reports on the incident were "baseless".
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma said, "The news is false and baseless. I only paid regards to Ram Gopal Yadav and did not touch his feet.
"I was only trying to control the people who were touching Yadav`s feet. I was only doing my duty and am fully aware of the dignity of my uniform and post. What has been shown on the news channels is false," he said.
Sharma reportedly touched the feet of the Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary during an eye camp on the district panchayat premises.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India