Top UP cop denies touching feet of SP general secretary
Etah: Caught in a controversy for reportedly touching the feet of Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav during an event, the district police chief Friday denied the charge saying media reports on the incident were "baseless".
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma said, "The news is false and baseless. I only paid regards to Ram Gopal Yadav and did not touch his feet.
"I was only trying to control the people who were touching Yadav`s feet. I was only doing my duty and am fully aware of the dignity of my uniform and post. What has been shown on the news channels is false," he said.
Sharma reportedly touched the feet of the Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary during an eye camp on the district panchayat premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore