Top UP cop denies touching feet of SP general secretary
Etah: Caught in a controversy for reportedly touching the feet of Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav during an event, the district police chief Friday denied the charge saying media reports on the incident were "baseless".
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma said, "The news is false and baseless. I only paid regards to Ram Gopal Yadav and did not touch his feet.
"I was only trying to control the people who were touching Yadav`s feet. I was only doing my duty and am fully aware of the dignity of my uniform and post. What has been shown on the news channels is false," he said.
Sharma reportedly touched the feet of the Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary during an eye camp on the district panchayat premises.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living