Top UP cop denies touching feet of SP general secretary
Etah: Caught in a controversy for reportedly touching the feet of Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav during an event, the district police chief Friday denied the charge saying media reports on the incident were "baseless".
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma said, "The news is false and baseless. I only paid regards to Ram Gopal Yadav and did not touch his feet.
"I was only trying to control the people who were touching Yadav`s feet. I was only doing my duty and am fully aware of the dignity of my uniform and post. What has been shown on the news channels is false," he said.
Sharma reportedly touched the feet of the Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary during an eye camp on the district panchayat premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof