Two fake currency rackets busted, nine held
Ghaziabad: Police Tuesday claimed to have busted two counterfeit currency rackets with the arrest of nine persons, including a woman and recovery of fake notes having a face value of Rs seven lakh from several places in the district.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of police officials busted the first racket, which was operating in the NCR and nabbed its six members, including a woman, SSP Nitin Tiwari said.
Fake notes with a face value of Rs 6.5 lakh were recovered from the accused, all residing in the Vaisali and Khora colonies of the district, he said.
Another gang was smashed by the police from Sahibabad area, wich used to operate in connivance with the dealers from Nepal and Bangladesh, Tiwari said.
On a specific information, three of its members were nabbed from whom fake notes with a face value of Rs 50,000 were recovered, he said.
Separate cases have been registered in this connection while the further probes are on, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016