Two fresh cases of rape in UP
Lucknow: In two fresh cases of rape in
UP, a Dalit girl and a mentally challenged 14-year-old
teenager were sexually assaulted in Hathras and Barabanki
In Hathras, parents of a teenager lodged a complaint
with police that the girl was raped by her uncle Kishori on
June 24 following which an FIR was registered on Saturday.
The police have arrested the accused.
In Barabanki, an 11-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly
raped by a youth in Dewa area, police said today.
The victim was dragged by a youth to a secluded place
and raped while she was returning home in Ibrahimpur Khurd
village last night, they said.
The accused Shiv Kumar has been arrested, police said.
Uttar Pradesh has witnessed a spate of rape incidents
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital