Two held in connection with `suicide` of domestic help
Ghaziabad: A bank manager and a Delhi-based
placement agency owner have been arrested in connection with
the alleged suicide of an 18-year-old domestic help, police
Mohit Aggarwal, manager at a multi-national bank, was
yesterday arrested by Indira Puram Police for allegedly
keeping his domestic help Lipi in captivity, which forced her
to end her life, police said.
Munna Lal, whose agency had placed her in Aggarwal`s
house, has also been arrested in this connection, they said.
Lipi, who hailed from Assam, allegedly committed suicide
on Monday after jumping off the fifth floor of Aggarwal`s
house in Indira Puram, station house officer Rajesh Dwivedi
The girl was employed by Aggarwal to look after his
five-year-old son. However, after two days, Lipi wanted to
leave the place but was held captive in the house. Later, she
jumped off a window of the house and allegedly committed
suicide, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people