Two held in connection with `suicide` of domestic help
Ghaziabad: A bank manager and a Delhi-based
placement agency owner have been arrested in connection with
the alleged suicide of an 18-year-old domestic help, police
Mohit Aggarwal, manager at a multi-national bank, was
yesterday arrested by Indira Puram Police for allegedly
keeping his domestic help Lipi in captivity, which forced her
to end her life, police said.
Munna Lal, whose agency had placed her in Aggarwal`s
house, has also been arrested in this connection, they said.
Lipi, who hailed from Assam, allegedly committed suicide
on Monday after jumping off the fifth floor of Aggarwal`s
house in Indira Puram, station house officer Rajesh Dwivedi
The girl was employed by Aggarwal to look after his
five-year-old son. However, after two days, Lipi wanted to
leave the place but was held captive in the house. Later, she
jumped off a window of the house and allegedly committed
suicide, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested