Two held in connection with `suicide` of domestic help
Ghaziabad: A bank manager and a Delhi-based
placement agency owner have been arrested in connection with
the alleged suicide of an 18-year-old domestic help, police
Mohit Aggarwal, manager at a multi-national bank, was
yesterday arrested by Indira Puram Police for allegedly
keeping his domestic help Lipi in captivity, which forced her
to end her life, police said.
Munna Lal, whose agency had placed her in Aggarwal`s
house, has also been arrested in this connection, they said.
Lipi, who hailed from Assam, allegedly committed suicide
on Monday after jumping off the fifth floor of Aggarwal`s
house in Indira Puram, station house officer Rajesh Dwivedi
The girl was employed by Aggarwal to look after his
five-year-old son. However, after two days, Lipi wanted to
leave the place but was held captive in the house. Later, she
jumped off a window of the house and allegedly committed
suicide, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister