Two held in connection with `suicide` of domestic help
Ghaziabad: A bank manager and a Delhi-based
placement agency owner have been arrested in connection with
the alleged suicide of an 18-year-old domestic help, police
Mohit Aggarwal, manager at a multi-national bank, was
yesterday arrested by Indira Puram Police for allegedly
keeping his domestic help Lipi in captivity, which forced her
to end her life, police said.
Munna Lal, whose agency had placed her in Aggarwal`s
house, has also been arrested in this connection, they said.
Lipi, who hailed from Assam, allegedly committed suicide
on Monday after jumping off the fifth floor of Aggarwal`s
house in Indira Puram, station house officer Rajesh Dwivedi
The girl was employed by Aggarwal to look after his
five-year-old son. However, after two days, Lipi wanted to
leave the place but was held captive in the house. Later, she
jumped off a window of the house and allegedly committed
suicide, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued