Two killed as truck hits school van
Lucknow: A student and the driver of a school van were killed while seven students were injured when a truck rammed into their vehicle in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district on Saturday, police said.
The accident took place in Chaubeypur town when the speeding truck ploughed into the van carrying students of a private school, Saraswati Gyan Mandir.
The 15-year-old student Alok Kumar, and the driver, identified as Pappu, 35, died on the spot.
"All the injured students are being treated at a hospital, where the condition of three-four students is stated to be critical," police Inspector AP Singh told reporters in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow.
The truck`s driver is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...