Undertrial dies in hospital; inquiry ordered
Muzaffarnagar: An undertrial died after a severe stomach ache, following which a magisterial inquiry was ordered on Saturday, sources said.
Amit Kumar, who was arrested five months ago in nearby Shamli district on attempt to murder charges, complained of pain in the stomach on Thursday and was rushed to the district hospital in a serious condition, they said.
He was later shifted to the Meerut medical college where he died last evening.
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into his death, sources said.
The family members have alleged poor and untimely treatment to be the reason behind Kumar`s death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued