Undertrial dies in hospital; inquiry ordered
Muzaffarnagar: An undertrial died after a severe stomach ache, following which a magisterial inquiry was ordered on Saturday, sources said.
Amit Kumar, who was arrested five months ago in nearby Shamli district on attempt to murder charges, complained of pain in the stomach on Thursday and was rushed to the district hospital in a serious condition, they said.
He was later shifted to the Meerut medical college where he died last evening.
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into his death, sources said.
The family members have alleged poor and untimely treatment to be the reason behind Kumar`s death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown