Undertrial dies in hospital; inquiry ordered
Muzaffarnagar: An undertrial died after a severe stomach ache, following which a magisterial inquiry was ordered on Saturday, sources said.
Amit Kumar, who was arrested five months ago in nearby Shamli district on attempt to murder charges, complained of pain in the stomach on Thursday and was rushed to the district hospital in a serious condition, they said.
He was later shifted to the Meerut medical college where he died last evening.
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into his death, sources said.
The family members have alleged poor and untimely treatment to be the reason behind Kumar`s death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley