Undertrial dies in hospital; inquiry ordered
Muzaffarnagar: An undertrial died after a severe stomach ache, following which a magisterial inquiry was ordered on Saturday, sources said.
Amit Kumar, who was arrested five months ago in nearby Shamli district on attempt to murder charges, complained of pain in the stomach on Thursday and was rushed to the district hospital in a serious condition, they said.
He was later shifted to the Meerut medical college where he died last evening.
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into his death, sources said.
The family members have alleged poor and untimely treatment to be the reason behind Kumar`s death, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India