Undertrial dies in hospital; inquiry ordered
Muzaffarnagar: An undertrial died after a severe stomach ache, following which a magisterial inquiry was ordered on Saturday, sources said.
Amit Kumar, who was arrested five months ago in nearby Shamli district on attempt to murder charges, complained of pain in the stomach on Thursday and was rushed to the district hospital in a serious condition, they said.
He was later shifted to the Meerut medical college where he died last evening.
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into his death, sources said.
The family members have alleged poor and untimely treatment to be the reason behind Kumar`s death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20