Union minister sits on dharna to highlight Bundelkhand issues
Lucknow: Union minister Pradip Jain Aditya on Monday sat on dharna here along with his supporters and later met Governor BL Joshi to seek his help in resolving problems of Bundelkhand region in the state.
Aditya, who wanted to meet Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to apprise him of the problems faced by the people of Bundelkhand region following vagaries of nature, sat on dharna before the Gandhi statue at the GPO park. He was joined by his supporters and party workers.
During his meeting with the Governor, Aditya drew his attention on the problems and urged him to direct the chief minister to do the needful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat