Union minister sits on dharna to highlight Bundelkhand issues
Lucknow: Union minister Pradip Jain Aditya on Monday sat on dharna here along with his supporters and later met Governor BL Joshi to seek his help in resolving problems of Bundelkhand region in the state.
Aditya, who wanted to meet Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to apprise him of the problems faced by the people of Bundelkhand region following vagaries of nature, sat on dharna before the Gandhi statue at the GPO park. He was joined by his supporters and party workers.
During his meeting with the Governor, Aditya drew his attention on the problems and urged him to direct the chief minister to do the needful.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi