"Untraceable" Gonda CMO returns to office in UP
Gonda: Chief Medical Officer of Uttar Pradesh`s Gonda district SP Singh, who had been "untraceable" since Monday night after being allegedly abducted by Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, on Friday made a dramatic appearance at his office here.
CMO Singh held a meeting with the officials of the district administration and police, sources in the CMO office said here.
Singh later said that he has no complaint with the minister after his resignation.
He said the Superintendent of Police met him in the evening and has assured full security. Similar assurance has been given also by senior officials in Lucknow, he added.
The CMO said he was mentally upset after the incident and therefore had gone to Lucknow.
The CMO was "untraceable" after allegedly being abducted by the minister on Monday night and initially even his family members claimed he could not be contacted as his mobile phones were switched off.
Home department officials had in Lucknow yesterday said efforts were on to contact the CMO Singh for his statement on reports regarding his alleged abduction by a state minister.
"We have not been able to contact him till now and as per the reports received from Gonda he is on leave since Tuesday," Secretary (Home) Kamal Saxena had said.
While the state government ordered an inquiry into the incident, the minister in question Vinod Kumar Singh sent his resignation to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today and alleged a conspiracy on the part of the district level officers to malign his image.
Meanwhile, 19 people were arrested in connection with the violent protest at the CMO office by supporters of Vinod Kumar Singh earlier in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash