"Untraceable" Gonda CMO returns to office in UP
Gonda: Chief Medical Officer of Uttar Pradesh`s Gonda district SP Singh, who had been "untraceable" since Monday night after being allegedly abducted by Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, on Friday made a dramatic appearance at his office here.
CMO Singh held a meeting with the officials of the district administration and police, sources in the CMO office said here.
Singh later said that he has no complaint with the minister after his resignation.
He said the Superintendent of Police met him in the evening and has assured full security. Similar assurance has been given also by senior officials in Lucknow, he added.
The CMO said he was mentally upset after the incident and therefore had gone to Lucknow.
The CMO was "untraceable" after allegedly being abducted by the minister on Monday night and initially even his family members claimed he could not be contacted as his mobile phones were switched off.
Home department officials had in Lucknow yesterday said efforts were on to contact the CMO Singh for his statement on reports regarding his alleged abduction by a state minister.
"We have not been able to contact him till now and as per the reports received from Gonda he is on leave since Tuesday," Secretary (Home) Kamal Saxena had said.
While the state government ordered an inquiry into the incident, the minister in question Vinod Kumar Singh sent his resignation to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today and alleged a conspiracy on the part of the district level officers to malign his image.
Meanwhile, 19 people were arrested in connection with the violent protest at the CMO office by supporters of Vinod Kumar Singh earlier in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil Kumar Modi
- Ram Vilas Paswan favours ban on sugar futures
- Turkey has shown no evidence of Gulen coup role: US
- At least 73 dead as pre-dawn earthquake hits central Italy
- FC Pune City rope in ex-Chelsea, Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen