UP: 14 killed in road accident
Lucknow: At least 14 people returning from a cremation were killed Friday when a speeding truck rammed into their tractor trolley in Uttar Pradesh`s Muzaffarnagar area, police said.
The tragedy took place in Yusufpur in Muzaffarnagar district, about 500 km from here. The tractor trolley, carrying a family of mourners who were returning after a cremation, was left mangled.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Muzaffarnagar Kalpana Srivastava told IANS that 18 people were injured in the road crash. Some of them were critical. The injured have been admitted to different hospitals in the city and the bodies, after identification, have been sent for post-mortem examination.
Following the accident, the road was blocked for over two hours as bodies were pulled out of the wrecked tractor trolley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test