UP: 27 booked for involvement in clash
Pratapgarh: As many as 27 people have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the clash that broke out during the immersion of Durga idols in Raniganj police station area here in which four persons were injured.
Twenty-seven people of two communities have been arrested in connection with the clash, Station Officer of Raniganj Harishankar Rai today said.
The situation in the area is now peaceful with district police and PAC being deployed in strength, he said.
Senior officials, including the District Magistrate, were camping in the area, he added.
Last night, a minor altercation between members of two communities had turned violent with an angry mob torching three motorcycles and setting ablaze about a dozen shops and houses, leading to injuries to four.
All the injured have been referred to Allahabad where the condition of one is stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon