UP: 27 booked for involvement in clash
Pratapgarh: As many as 27 people have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the clash that broke out during the immersion of Durga idols in Raniganj police station area here in which four persons were injured.
Twenty-seven people of two communities have been arrested in connection with the clash, Station Officer of Raniganj Harishankar Rai today said.
The situation in the area is now peaceful with district police and PAC being deployed in strength, he said.
Senior officials, including the District Magistrate, were camping in the area, he added.
Last night, a minor altercation between members of two communities had turned violent with an angry mob torching three motorcycles and setting ablaze about a dozen shops and houses, leading to injuries to four.
All the injured have been referred to Allahabad where the condition of one is stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years