UP: 27 booked for involvement in clash
Pratapgarh: As many as 27 people have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the clash that broke out during the immersion of Durga idols in Raniganj police station area here in which four persons were injured.
Twenty-seven people of two communities have been arrested in connection with the clash, Station Officer of Raniganj Harishankar Rai today said.
The situation in the area is now peaceful with district police and PAC being deployed in strength, he said.
Senior officials, including the District Magistrate, were camping in the area, he added.
Last night, a minor altercation between members of two communities had turned violent with an angry mob torching three motorcycles and setting ablaze about a dozen shops and houses, leading to injuries to four.
All the injured have been referred to Allahabad where the condition of one is stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends