UP: 27 booked for involvement in clash
Pratapgarh: As many as 27 people have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the clash that broke out during the immersion of Durga idols in Raniganj police station area here in which four persons were injured.
Twenty-seven people of two communities have been arrested in connection with the clash, Station Officer of Raniganj Harishankar Rai today said.
The situation in the area is now peaceful with district police and PAC being deployed in strength, he said.
Senior officials, including the District Magistrate, were camping in the area, he added.
Last night, a minor altercation between members of two communities had turned violent with an angry mob torching three motorcycles and setting ablaze about a dozen shops and houses, leading to injuries to four.
All the injured have been referred to Allahabad where the condition of one is stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?