UP: 3 dead in Hardoi chemical factory gas leak
Hardoi: Three persons, including a woman, were on Saturday killed and seven others taken ill following leakage from a gas pipeline of a private chemical factory in
Sandila industrial area, police said here.
Sri Ram (50), Mhole (45) and Indrana (44) died after inhaling the gas leaking from Amit Hydro Chemical factory in the wee hours this morning, Superintendent of Police Luv Kumar said.
The gas was Benzene chloride, according to officials.
He said seven persons were taken ill of which two have been referred to trauma centre at Lucknow in a serious condition.
While Sri Ram owned a small rice factory adjacent to chemical plant, Mohle and Indrana worked as a labourer at a nearby brick field, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH