UP: 3 dead in Hardoi chemical factory gas leak
Hardoi: Three persons, including a woman, were on Saturday killed and seven others taken ill following leakage from a gas pipeline of a private chemical factory in
Sandila industrial area, police said here.
Sri Ram (50), Mhole (45) and Indrana (44) died after inhaling the gas leaking from Amit Hydro Chemical factory in the wee hours this morning, Superintendent of Police Luv Kumar said.
The gas was Benzene chloride, according to officials.
He said seven persons were taken ill of which two have been referred to trauma centre at Lucknow in a serious condition.
While Sri Ram owned a small rice factory adjacent to chemical plant, Mohle and Indrana worked as a labourer at a nearby brick field, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption