UP: 3 dead in Hardoi chemical factory gas leak
Hardoi: Three persons, including a woman, were on Saturday killed and seven others taken ill following leakage from a gas pipeline of a private chemical factory in
Sandila industrial area, police said here.
Sri Ram (50), Mhole (45) and Indrana (44) died after inhaling the gas leaking from Amit Hydro Chemical factory in the wee hours this morning, Superintendent of Police Luv Kumar said.
The gas was Benzene chloride, according to officials.
He said seven persons were taken ill of which two have been referred to trauma centre at Lucknow in a serious condition.
While Sri Ram owned a small rice factory adjacent to chemical plant, Mohle and Indrana worked as a labourer at a nearby brick field, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex slips from 11-month high ahead of Fed, BoJ meets
- AN 32 one of safest aircraft with IAF, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis seeks justice for Narsingh Yadav, amidst doping row
- India finds promising natural gas hydrates in Bay of Bengal
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang