UP: 7 children succumb to encephalitis, toll reaches 400
Gorakhpur: Seven more children succumbed to encephalitis during the last 24 hours at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the toll in the dreaded disease to 400 in Uttar Pradesh.
Twenty more patients suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome have been admitted to various hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions during the period, official sources said.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 282 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in these hospitals.
This year, a total of 2,535 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of the region of which 400 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet