UP: 7 children succumb to encephalitis, toll reaches 400
Gorakhpur: Seven more children succumbed to encephalitis during the last 24 hours at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the toll in the dreaded disease to 400 in Uttar Pradesh.
Twenty more patients suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome have been admitted to various hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions during the period, official sources said.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 282 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in these hospitals.
This year, a total of 2,535 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of the region of which 400 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far