UP: 7 children succumb to encephalitis, toll reaches 400
Gorakhpur: Seven more children succumbed to encephalitis during the last 24 hours at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the toll in the dreaded disease to 400 in Uttar Pradesh.
Twenty more patients suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome have been admitted to various hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions during the period, official sources said.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 282 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in these hospitals.
This year, a total of 2,535 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of the region of which 400 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok