UP: 7 children succumb to encephalitis, toll reaches 400
Gorakhpur: Seven more children succumbed to encephalitis during the last 24 hours at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the toll in the dreaded disease to 400 in Uttar Pradesh.
Twenty more patients suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome have been admitted to various hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions during the period, official sources said.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 282 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in these hospitals.
This year, a total of 2,535 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of the region of which 400 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert