UP Advocate General resigns
Lucknow: Advocate General of Uttar Pradesh Surya Prakash Gupta has resigned citing personal reasons.
"I have tendered my resignation yesterday and sent it to the Chief Minister," Gupta told PTI.
On being asked about the reason behind resignation he said, "It is my personal matter. I don`t want to work further."
Gupta was appointed as the Advocate General on March 18, 2012 immediately after the Samajwadi Party stormed to power last year.
Gupta`s move comes close on the heels of UP ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar`s letter to the state government seeking permission to go on deputation at the Centre.
Kumar, who oversaw security arrangements in Muzaffarnagar after the riots, had sought Central deputation last month.
Later, he was shifted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!