`UP CM unable to take tough stand against communal elements`
Lucknow: Controversial Muslim cleric Maulana Tauqeer Raza Khan on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav of being "unable to take tough decisions" while dealing with the communal flare up in the state.
"Had Akhilesh shown strictness at the time of riots in Kosi Kalan in Mathura, the Muzaffarnagar incident would not have taken place," Khan said.
At least four persons were killed in Kosi Kalan in June last year, two months after Akhilesh government came to power.
Khan has reportedly resigned from the post of Advisor to the State Government on Handloom and Textiles-- which accords him the status of minister of state, after communal riots in Muzaffarnagar. However, he was reluctant to clear the air on the matter of putting up his papers.
Khan is the founder of Ittehad-e-Millat Council (IMC) which is extending support to the Samajwadi Party government.
He said that situation in UP will not improve till the time Akhilesh remained soft hearted.
He alleged that some officers were taking advantage of the "soft heartedness" of the CM, which he was unable to understand.
"Conditions on which Itehaad-e-Millat party made an agreement with SP have not been fulfilled so far which is disappointing," he said.
He said that so far Itehaad-e-Millat council intended to support SP in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections instead of fielding its own candidates.
On the question of sending his resignation to the chief minister, Khan said that instead he has "sent a letter relating to the complaints of Muslims".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre