`UP CM unable to take tough stand against communal elements`
Lucknow: Controversial Muslim cleric Maulana Tauqeer Raza Khan on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav of being "unable to take tough decisions" while dealing with the communal flare up in the state.
"Had Akhilesh shown strictness at the time of riots in Kosi Kalan in Mathura, the Muzaffarnagar incident would not have taken place," Khan said.
At least four persons were killed in Kosi Kalan in June last year, two months after Akhilesh government came to power.
Khan has reportedly resigned from the post of Advisor to the State Government on Handloom and Textiles-- which accords him the status of minister of state, after communal riots in Muzaffarnagar. However, he was reluctant to clear the air on the matter of putting up his papers.
Khan is the founder of Ittehad-e-Millat Council (IMC) which is extending support to the Samajwadi Party government.
He said that situation in UP will not improve till the time Akhilesh remained soft hearted.
He alleged that some officers were taking advantage of the "soft heartedness" of the CM, which he was unable to understand.
"Conditions on which Itehaad-e-Millat party made an agreement with SP have not been fulfilled so far which is disappointing," he said.
He said that so far Itehaad-e-Millat council intended to support SP in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections instead of fielding its own candidates.
On the question of sending his resignation to the chief minister, Khan said that instead he has "sent a letter relating to the complaints of Muslims".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Banks air concern on RBI credit rules to large borrowers
- GMR wins contract for Goa's greenfield airport project
- Six scientists about to wrap up yearlong Mars simulation in Hawaii
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets