UP CM`s rail overbridge plan irks BSP
Lucknow: Taking exception to the proposal to build a railway overbridge on the road outside its party headquarters here, the Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) on Tuesday described the move as "politically motivated".
The proposal made in the state budget presented by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in the legislative assembly today, drew sharp reactions from the BSP given that the structure, when ready, would block out from view the party`s state office situated there.
"The government should first worry about the traffic jam on Vikramaditya Marg before thinking about the Loreto Convent-Telibagh route (on the road facing the BSP office).
"If they fail to do so it would mean they have wrong intentions for which they would have to pay a heavy price later," BSP Swami Prasad Maurya said.
"If there is really a need to ease traffic, an overbridge should first come up on Vikramaditya Marg which has the residence of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav as well as the SP office," Maurya, who is also the leader of opposition, told newspersons here.
A provision of Rs 40 crore has been made in the budget for the overbridge on the road facing the grand BSP office which is close to where former CM Mayawati has her official bungalow on 13 Mall Avenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today