UP govt cancels entrance examination for basic health workers
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
cancelled the basic health worker entrance examination due to
"The decision to cancel the examination held in June
last year was taken on the basis of a report submitted by a
committee probing the charges of irregularity," officials said
More than 12 lakh aspirants appeared in the
examination for recruitment of 6,971 posts of basic health
workers in May and June last year, they said.
However, immediately after the examination,
allegations of irregularities started surfacing after which a
four-member committee was constituted to probe the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'