UP Govt gives green signal to Metro rail project
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday gave nod to kick start the work on the first phase of metro rail project here on the lines of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister AKhilesh Yadav.
"At the meeting it has been decided to start work on the first phase of metro rail project on North-South corridor in state capital," official sources said here.
Among other decisions taken in the meeting, animated movie `Krishna and Kansa` has been exempted from the entertainment tax in the state, they said.
The cabinet also decided to made certain items like Dholak, Cango, Tabla and other musical instruments in VAT free category besides gram-flour.
For providing better health services, a new 102 ambulance service has been given a go ahead. The service would be operated by private parties through which 1,000 ambulances would be run in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi