UP Govt gives green signal to Metro rail project
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday gave nod to kick start the work on the first phase of metro rail project here on the lines of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister AKhilesh Yadav.
"At the meeting it has been decided to start work on the first phase of metro rail project on North-South corridor in state capital," official sources said here.
Among other decisions taken in the meeting, animated movie `Krishna and Kansa` has been exempted from the entertainment tax in the state, they said.
The cabinet also decided to made certain items like Dholak, Cango, Tabla and other musical instruments in VAT free category besides gram-flour.
For providing better health services, a new 102 ambulance service has been given a go ahead. The service would be operated by private parties through which 1,000 ambulances would be run in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?