UP Govt gives green signal to Metro rail project
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday gave nod to kick start the work on the first phase of metro rail project here on the lines of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister AKhilesh Yadav.
"At the meeting it has been decided to start work on the first phase of metro rail project on North-South corridor in state capital," official sources said here.
Among other decisions taken in the meeting, animated movie `Krishna and Kansa` has been exempted from the entertainment tax in the state, they said.
The cabinet also decided to made certain items like Dholak, Cango, Tabla and other musical instruments in VAT free category besides gram-flour.
For providing better health services, a new 102 ambulance service has been given a go ahead. The service would be operated by private parties through which 1,000 ambulances would be run in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter