UP Govt gives green signal to Metro rail project
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday gave nod to kick start the work on the first phase of metro rail project here on the lines of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister AKhilesh Yadav.
"At the meeting it has been decided to start work on the first phase of metro rail project on North-South corridor in state capital," official sources said here.
Among other decisions taken in the meeting, animated movie `Krishna and Kansa` has been exempted from the entertainment tax in the state, they said.
The cabinet also decided to made certain items like Dholak, Cango, Tabla and other musical instruments in VAT free category besides gram-flour.
For providing better health services, a new 102 ambulance service has been given a go ahead. The service would be operated by private parties through which 1,000 ambulances would be run in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?