UP govt ignoring Kanpur: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Accusing the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Kanpur`s development, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Monday said he will stage a protest and observe a fast on March 30 in the city.
Jaiswal, member of Parliament from the city, alleged that the state government is not adequately spending the funds sanctioned under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) in the city.
He said roads and sewer lines in the city are in bad shape.
"Funds under JNNURM were issued for changing the old sewer line in the city and also for the construction of roads dug up for carrying out the proposed sewage work...Though some of the sewage work has been completed, questions are being raised over the quality of work while the roads dug up are still in a complete mess," Jaiswal said.
Attacking the government for "complete breakdown of law and order" in the state, Jaiswal said, "Incidents of rape, eveteasing and other crimes have become rampant, but police are not paying much attention to it."
Jaiswal alleged that in the one-year-rule of Akhilesh Yadav, state has witnessed ten communal riots and the DSP`s killing in Kunda had tarnished its image, but the government was unfazed by all these.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez