UP govt ignoring Kanpur: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Accusing the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Kanpur`s development, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Monday said he will stage a protest and observe a fast on March 30 in the city.
Jaiswal, member of Parliament from the city, alleged that the state government is not adequately spending the funds sanctioned under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) in the city.
He said roads and sewer lines in the city are in bad shape.
"Funds under JNNURM were issued for changing the old sewer line in the city and also for the construction of roads dug up for carrying out the proposed sewage work...Though some of the sewage work has been completed, questions are being raised over the quality of work while the roads dug up are still in a complete mess," Jaiswal said.
Attacking the government for "complete breakdown of law and order" in the state, Jaiswal said, "Incidents of rape, eveteasing and other crimes have become rampant, but police are not paying much attention to it."
Jaiswal alleged that in the one-year-rule of Akhilesh Yadav, state has witnessed ten communal riots and the DSP`s killing in Kunda had tarnished its image, but the government was unfazed by all these.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble