UP govt ignoring Kanpur: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Accusing the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Kanpur`s development, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Monday said he will stage a protest and observe a fast on March 30 in the city.
Jaiswal, member of Parliament from the city, alleged that the state government is not adequately spending the funds sanctioned under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) in the city.
He said roads and sewer lines in the city are in bad shape.
"Funds under JNNURM were issued for changing the old sewer line in the city and also for the construction of roads dug up for carrying out the proposed sewage work...Though some of the sewage work has been completed, questions are being raised over the quality of work while the roads dug up are still in a complete mess," Jaiswal said.
Attacking the government for "complete breakdown of law and order" in the state, Jaiswal said, "Incidents of rape, eveteasing and other crimes have become rampant, but police are not paying much attention to it."
Jaiswal alleged that in the one-year-rule of Akhilesh Yadav, state has witnessed ten communal riots and the DSP`s killing in Kunda had tarnished its image, but the government was unfazed by all these.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday