UP govt issues notification for creation of Amethi as new district
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has issued a fresh notification for creation of Amethi as a new district which will include three tehsils of Sultanpur and one of Rae Bareli.
The district headquarters of Amethi will be Gauriganj, Principal Secretary, Revenue, Kishan Singh Atoria said here on Friday.
Sultanpur`s Amethi, GauriGanj and Musafirkhana tehsils and Rae Bareli`s Tiloi would be part of Amethi district, he said.
Some revenue villages of Maharajganj tehsil of Rae Bareli have been included in Tiloi tehsil of Amethi and in return some villages of Tiloi have been included in Maharajganj, Atoria said.
It might be recalled that through a Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court judgement on April 15, the creation of a new district by the name of Chhatrapti Shahuji Maharajnagar and the notification issued later for renaming it as Amethi, had ceased to exist on July 4.
Amethi is Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency, while Rae Bareli is Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites