UP govt requests HC to review order on tainted Noida officials
Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh government on Monday requested the Allahabad High Court to review its recent judgement ordering removal of Chairman and CEO of Noida, who are facing probe for alleged graft.
In its review petition, the state government urged the court to "reconsider" the November 8 order directing that Rakesh Bahadur and Sanjeev Saran, who are respectively holding the posts of Chairman and CEO of Noida, be removed forthwith and not posted "anywhere in western UP" as their presence in the region could affect the inquiry pending against them.
It was contended by the state government that "some relevant and important facts, relevant to the case, were missing in the judgement and hence it requires to be reviewed or reconsidered by the Bench".
A division bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Amitava Lala and Justice Pradeep Kumar Singh Baghel, which had passed the order, sought a counter-affidavit on the state`s review petition from Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti, a social organisation which had challenged the appointment of the two IAS officers to their respective posts.
The court had passed the earlier order on a Public Interest Litigation filed by the social outfit.
The court, however, did not specify a next date for hearing on the matter.
The review petition is now likely to be placed before a freshly-constituted bench in the wake of Justice Lala`s retirement today.
In the November 08 order, the court had also ordered a CBI inquiry into all allegations of irregularities in land allotments in Noida since 2001, charges of financial wrongdoing against the two officers and their appointment to the key posts despite inquiry being pending against them.
Bahadur and Saran had been holding the same respective posts during 2005-07, when Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was the Chief Minister of UP. They were accused of facilitating the sale of prime land to hoteliers at throwaway prices, causing a loss of thousands of crores to the state exchequer.
A case was registered against the two IAS officers by the subsequent Mayawati regime in the state and they were kept under suspension for close to three years.
However, shortly after the SP returned to power this year and the party supremo`s son Akhilesh Yadav became the Chief Minister, both the officers were appointed to the same posts despite the inquiry pending against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly