UP govt stops recruitment of contractual staff under NRHM
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday stopped the recruitment of contractual staff under National Rural Health Mission in all districts of the state with the immediate effect.
In the backdrop of dispute between Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit Singh and CMO of Gonda over recruitment of contractual staff under NRHM, appointments have been stopped in all districts, Health and Family Welfare Minister Ahmad Hasan told PTI.
Earlier, the recruitment of doctors under NRHM had been suspended in Gonda only.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered an inquiry into dispute between the minister and the CMO Gonda and strict action would be taken against the guilty after the report was received so that such disputes do not recur in future, he said.
The minister alleged that during Mayawati`s regime not only the dignity of the health department declined, but it earned a bad reputation in the country due to the NRHM scam.
He said his effort would be to root out corruption in the health department completely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!