UP govt stops recruitment of contractual staff under NRHM
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday stopped the recruitment of contractual staff under National Rural Health Mission in all districts of the state with the immediate effect.
In the backdrop of dispute between Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit Singh and CMO of Gonda over recruitment of contractual staff under NRHM, appointments have been stopped in all districts, Health and Family Welfare Minister Ahmad Hasan told PTI.
Earlier, the recruitment of doctors under NRHM had been suspended in Gonda only.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered an inquiry into dispute between the minister and the CMO Gonda and strict action would be taken against the guilty after the report was received so that such disputes do not recur in future, he said.
The minister alleged that during Mayawati`s regime not only the dignity of the health department declined, but it earned a bad reputation in the country due to the NRHM scam.
He said his effort would be to root out corruption in the health department completely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune