UP govt terms Mathura clash as shameful, assures action
Lucknow: Taking note of the Mathura incident, in which two persons were killed and six injured, UP government today said those involved in the violence will be "suitably punished" and a case of murder will be registered against those responsible for the killings.
Terming the incident as "unfortunate and shameful", Parliamentary Affairs Minister in UP government Azam Khan said that a case under Section 302 of IPC will be registered against those behind the deaths.
Khan also promised action against erring policemen.
"Policemen found involved in the case will be suitably punished," the minister said while replying to a question in the Assembly.
He was replying to the adjournment notice on the incident which was moved by Tejpal Singh of RLD.
The clash erupted yesterday after a villager died in a scuffle with some policemen, who were allegedly demanding bribe from him.
One person was killed and at least six others were injured in the subsequent clash.
When the RLD members demanded an increase in compensation amount for the deceased and injured, Khan said he will consult the Leader of the House over it.
The minister stressed on the government`s resolve to initiate dismissal proceedings against policemen who have been suspended three times.
Earlier, Tejpal Singh and Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya while narrating the sequence of events said that "the cause of the incident was police extortion".
Singh said, "the boy, Jitendra, who tried to speed past on his tractor when police demanded more money was chased by three policemen and shot dead."
The RLD leader alleged that Jitendra`s "body was later given to a truck driver for dumping, but he (driver) informed the locals, following which agitated villagers attacked the police station".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter