UP govt to act tough against officials facing serious charges
Lucknow: Facing opposition attack over alleged dismal law and order situation in the state, Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday said it will act tough against policemen and officials facing serious charges.
The government will soon identify policemen and officials facing three or more serious charges and initiate action for their dismissal from service, Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan said in the Assembly today.
Initiating the discussion on law and order in the state, Leader of Opposition and BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said the morale of criminal and anti-social elements was high and they had no fear of law.
BJP`s Hukum Singh said the law should be respected and not used to terrorise people. He said people could not feel secure amid alleged rising cases of robberies and murder.
Pradip Mathur of Congress, while giving statistics, said industrialists would hesitate to come to the state under the prevailing conditions.
The discussion also saw charges and counter charges being levelled between the BSP and treasury benches, especially between Maurya and Khan.
Replying for the government, Khan alleged that frustrated over the manner in which the SP government was fulfilling its poll promises, BSP`s anti-social elements seemed to be out to spoil the atmosphere.
Claiming that immediate action had been taken in all the incidents that have taken place, Khan said in case of any shortcoming anywhere, they would be removed and the government would fulfill its commitment to provide the people of the state with strong law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports