UP govt to act tough against officials facing serious charges
Lucknow: Facing opposition attack over alleged dismal law and order situation in the state, Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday said it will act tough against policemen and officials facing serious charges.
The government will soon identify policemen and officials facing three or more serious charges and initiate action for their dismissal from service, Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan said in the Assembly today.
Initiating the discussion on law and order in the state, Leader of Opposition and BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said the morale of criminal and anti-social elements was high and they had no fear of law.
BJP`s Hukum Singh said the law should be respected and not used to terrorise people. He said people could not feel secure amid alleged rising cases of robberies and murder.
Pradip Mathur of Congress, while giving statistics, said industrialists would hesitate to come to the state under the prevailing conditions.
The discussion also saw charges and counter charges being levelled between the BSP and treasury benches, especially between Maurya and Khan.
Replying for the government, Khan alleged that frustrated over the manner in which the SP government was fulfilling its poll promises, BSP`s anti-social elements seemed to be out to spoil the atmosphere.
Claiming that immediate action had been taken in all the incidents that have taken place, Khan said in case of any shortcoming anywhere, they would be removed and the government would fulfill its commitment to provide the people of the state with strong law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video