UP: Man killed, wife injured in acid attack
Ghazipur (UP): A man was killed and his wife
seriously injured in an acid attack by some unidentified
persons here, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place when the miscreants threw acid on
the victims Mahesh (35) and Sayogita (30) while they were
sleeping on the terrace of their house in Khojapur village
last night, they said.
While Mahesh died on the way to hospital, Sayogita has
been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition, police said,
adding that the motive behind the attack is yet to be known
and further probe into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok