UP minister`s son goes missing
Lucknow: The son of an Uttar Pradesh minister has gone missing from Bareilly city, police said Friday, adding a manhunt has been launched to trace him.
According to the family, 35-year-old Atul Gangwar, the son of Minister of State for Micro-Industries Bhagwat Sharan Gangwar, left home in Bareilly, 250 km from here, Thursday evening but did not return.
He left his mobile phone and wallet at home. Police have formed special teams to trace the man.
Gangwar last week become a father to a baby boy, and family sources say there were no sign of anything amiss. Police, however, said he had been "keeping low" for some time and had last year gone missing for a few days.
Meanwhile, the minister is also trying to trace his son and has sent his supporters to Uttarakhand and other places where his son might have gone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city