UP minor: 2nd post-mortem says she was not raped
Lakhimpur: The second post-mortem of the
body of the minor who committed suicide here earlier this
month on Sunday revealed that she was not raped as alleged by her
parents, police said.
The intermediate student committed suicide on July 10
after allegedly being raped by her teacher and five others in
Chhitaunia village here.
After allegations of gangrape, the girl`s body was
exhumed on the demand of her family members yesterday for the
second post mortem which did not confirm rape.
Superintendent of Police Amit Chandra told reporters that
the second post-mortem did not confirm the rape with the girl
though the report disclosed injury marks over her body.
In her suicide note the girl had alleged that she was
thrashed by the public, and the matter was under
investigation, he said adding that three persons had been
arrested so far in this connection.
The police had lodged a FIR under various sections of IPC
booking a school teacher, the husband of the Chhitaunia
village head and four others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof