UP police receives intelligence alert for Ayodhya, Mathura, Varanasi
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Police has tightened security arrangements in temple towns of Ayodhya, Mathura and Kashi for the upcoming holy month of Shravan after intelligence inputs of possible disturbances.
Inspector General of Police (law and order) Amrendra Sengar told reporters that the state police has received an alert from intelligence agencies for Mathura, Kashi (Varanasi) and Ayodhya during the month when fairs drawing large crowds are organised.
The Hindi month of Shravan starts on July 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'