UP police receives intelligence alert for Ayodhya, Mathura, Varanasi
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Police has tightened security arrangements in temple towns of Ayodhya, Mathura and Kashi for the upcoming holy month of Shravan after intelligence inputs of possible disturbances.
Inspector General of Police (law and order) Amrendra Sengar told reporters that the state police has received an alert from intelligence agencies for Mathura, Kashi (Varanasi) and Ayodhya during the month when fairs drawing large crowds are organised.
The Hindi month of Shravan starts on July 13.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma