UP polls: Angry Cong leaders to protest in Kanpur
Kanpur: Peeved at being denied tickets in
the coming Assembly elections, a group of disgruntled Congress
leaders from this city are planning to launch a protest.
The leaders have alleged that Union Coal Minister and
Kanpur Parliamentarian Sriprakash Jaiswal and Rajaram Pal,
Congress MP from adjoining Akbarpur Rania seat, had favoured
their close aides while distributing party tickets.
Prominent Congress leaders who will protest under the
banner `Congress Bachao Sangharsh Samiti` (CBSS) include Pawan
Gupta, Usha Ratnakar Shukla and Dhanirao Baudh Panther.
"I have been a devoted Congress member for the past two
decades. Jaiswal and Pal have ignored my devotion by favouring
their close aides," Gupta, who had contested the 2007 state
polls as Congress candidate from Arya Nagar assembly seat,
"We have planned a phase-wise protest against the two
MPs. One will be held at Phoolbagh on Friday and another in
Ramabai Nagar on Saturday," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?