UP polls: Angry Cong leaders to protest in Kanpur
Kanpur: Peeved at being denied tickets in
the coming Assembly elections, a group of disgruntled Congress
leaders from this city are planning to launch a protest.
The leaders have alleged that Union Coal Minister and
Kanpur Parliamentarian Sriprakash Jaiswal and Rajaram Pal,
Congress MP from adjoining Akbarpur Rania seat, had favoured
their close aides while distributing party tickets.
Prominent Congress leaders who will protest under the
banner `Congress Bachao Sangharsh Samiti` (CBSS) include Pawan
Gupta, Usha Ratnakar Shukla and Dhanirao Baudh Panther.
"I have been a devoted Congress member for the past two
decades. Jaiswal and Pal have ignored my devotion by favouring
their close aides," Gupta, who had contested the 2007 state
polls as Congress candidate from Arya Nagar assembly seat,
"We have planned a phase-wise protest against the two
MPs. One will be held at Phoolbagh on Friday and another in
Ramabai Nagar on Saturday," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL