UP polls: Angry Cong leaders to protest in Kanpur
Kanpur: Peeved at being denied tickets in
the coming Assembly elections, a group of disgruntled Congress
leaders from this city are planning to launch a protest.
The leaders have alleged that Union Coal Minister and
Kanpur Parliamentarian Sriprakash Jaiswal and Rajaram Pal,
Congress MP from adjoining Akbarpur Rania seat, had favoured
their close aides while distributing party tickets.
Prominent Congress leaders who will protest under the
banner `Congress Bachao Sangharsh Samiti` (CBSS) include Pawan
Gupta, Usha Ratnakar Shukla and Dhanirao Baudh Panther.
"I have been a devoted Congress member for the past two
decades. Jaiswal and Pal have ignored my devotion by favouring
their close aides," Gupta, who had contested the 2007 state
polls as Congress candidate from Arya Nagar assembly seat,
"We have planned a phase-wise protest against the two
MPs. One will be held at Phoolbagh on Friday and another in
Ramabai Nagar on Saturday," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?