UP polls: Angry Cong leaders to protest in Kanpur
Kanpur: Peeved at being denied tickets in
the coming Assembly elections, a group of disgruntled Congress
leaders from this city are planning to launch a protest.
The leaders have alleged that Union Coal Minister and
Kanpur Parliamentarian Sriprakash Jaiswal and Rajaram Pal,
Congress MP from adjoining Akbarpur Rania seat, had favoured
their close aides while distributing party tickets.
Prominent Congress leaders who will protest under the
banner `Congress Bachao Sangharsh Samiti` (CBSS) include Pawan
Gupta, Usha Ratnakar Shukla and Dhanirao Baudh Panther.
"I have been a devoted Congress member for the past two
decades. Jaiswal and Pal have ignored my devotion by favouring
their close aides," Gupta, who had contested the 2007 state
polls as Congress candidate from Arya Nagar assembly seat,
"We have planned a phase-wise protest against the two
MPs. One will be held at Phoolbagh on Friday and another in
Ramabai Nagar on Saturday," he said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever