UP polls: Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash seized
Lucknow: Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 76 lakh was recovered from different districts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday in a drive to check flow of illegal money during the assembly elections.
"A total Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash was recovered from
different parts of the state today," Additional Director
General of Police Subesh Kumar Singh told reporters here.
During the drive, Rs 14 lakh each was recovered in
Varanasi and Lucknow, Rs 12 lakh in Ramabainagar, Rs 10 lakh
in Firozabad, Rs 9.75 lakh in Mughalsarai, Rs 7 lakh in
Bulandshahr, Rs 6 lakh in Meerut and Rs 2.18 lakh in Mathura,
the ADG said.
Besides, liquor was recovered Aligarh, seven kg silver in
Mathura, silver ornaments weighing 2.5 quintals in Varanasi
and 15 kg silver and 200 gm gold in Allahabad, he said adding
that Income Tax department has been informed of the recovery.
A gun and some cartridges were also recovered in Lucknow,
he said. Since the announcement of the elections, 545 illicit
weapons and 2905 cartridges have been recovered, and 13
illicit arm factories unearthed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!