UP polls: Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash seized
Lucknow: Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 76 lakh was recovered from different districts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday in a drive to check flow of illegal money during the assembly elections.
"A total Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash was recovered from
different parts of the state today," Additional Director
General of Police Subesh Kumar Singh told reporters here.
During the drive, Rs 14 lakh each was recovered in
Varanasi and Lucknow, Rs 12 lakh in Ramabainagar, Rs 10 lakh
in Firozabad, Rs 9.75 lakh in Mughalsarai, Rs 7 lakh in
Bulandshahr, Rs 6 lakh in Meerut and Rs 2.18 lakh in Mathura,
the ADG said.
Besides, liquor was recovered Aligarh, seven kg silver in
Mathura, silver ornaments weighing 2.5 quintals in Varanasi
and 15 kg silver and 200 gm gold in Allahabad, he said adding
that Income Tax department has been informed of the recovery.
A gun and some cartridges were also recovered in Lucknow,
he said. Since the announcement of the elections, 545 illicit
weapons and 2905 cartridges have been recovered, and 13
illicit arm factories unearthed in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times