UP polls: Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash seized
Lucknow: Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 76 lakh was recovered from different districts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday in a drive to check flow of illegal money during the assembly elections.
"A total Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash was recovered from
different parts of the state today," Additional Director
General of Police Subesh Kumar Singh told reporters here.
During the drive, Rs 14 lakh each was recovered in
Varanasi and Lucknow, Rs 12 lakh in Ramabainagar, Rs 10 lakh
in Firozabad, Rs 9.75 lakh in Mughalsarai, Rs 7 lakh in
Bulandshahr, Rs 6 lakh in Meerut and Rs 2.18 lakh in Mathura,
the ADG said.
Besides, liquor was recovered Aligarh, seven kg silver in
Mathura, silver ornaments weighing 2.5 quintals in Varanasi
and 15 kg silver and 200 gm gold in Allahabad, he said adding
that Income Tax department has been informed of the recovery.
A gun and some cartridges were also recovered in Lucknow,
he said. Since the announcement of the elections, 545 illicit
weapons and 2905 cartridges have been recovered, and 13
illicit arm factories unearthed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations