UP polls: Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash seized
Lucknow: Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 76 lakh was recovered from different districts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday in a drive to check flow of illegal money during the assembly elections.
"A total Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash was recovered from
different parts of the state today," Additional Director
General of Police Subesh Kumar Singh told reporters here.
During the drive, Rs 14 lakh each was recovered in
Varanasi and Lucknow, Rs 12 lakh in Ramabainagar, Rs 10 lakh
in Firozabad, Rs 9.75 lakh in Mughalsarai, Rs 7 lakh in
Bulandshahr, Rs 6 lakh in Meerut and Rs 2.18 lakh in Mathura,
the ADG said.
Besides, liquor was recovered Aligarh, seven kg silver in
Mathura, silver ornaments weighing 2.5 quintals in Varanasi
and 15 kg silver and 200 gm gold in Allahabad, he said adding
that Income Tax department has been informed of the recovery.
A gun and some cartridges were also recovered in Lucknow,
he said. Since the announcement of the elections, 545 illicit
weapons and 2905 cartridges have been recovered, and 13
illicit arm factories unearthed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery