UP polls: Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash seized
Lucknow: Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 76 lakh was recovered from different districts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday in a drive to check flow of illegal money during the assembly elections.
"A total Rs 76 lakh unaccounted cash was recovered from
different parts of the state today," Additional Director
General of Police Subesh Kumar Singh told reporters here.
During the drive, Rs 14 lakh each was recovered in
Varanasi and Lucknow, Rs 12 lakh in Ramabainagar, Rs 10 lakh
in Firozabad, Rs 9.75 lakh in Mughalsarai, Rs 7 lakh in
Bulandshahr, Rs 6 lakh in Meerut and Rs 2.18 lakh in Mathura,
the ADG said.
Besides, liquor was recovered Aligarh, seven kg silver in
Mathura, silver ornaments weighing 2.5 quintals in Varanasi
and 15 kg silver and 200 gm gold in Allahabad, he said adding
that Income Tax department has been informed of the recovery.
A gun and some cartridges were also recovered in Lucknow,
he said. Since the announcement of the elections, 545 illicit
weapons and 2905 cartridges have been recovered, and 13
illicit arm factories unearthed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued