UP: Pregnant woman kills self, two children
Lucknow: A poverty-stricken pregnant woman poisoned her two minor children to death before committing suicide in an Uttar Pradesh village, police said on Friday.
Rukhsana, 30, on Thursday evening made her son Ashfaq (3) and daughter Altama (2) consume poisonous tablets and then consumed the same.
The kids died in their house in Bhakar village of Balrampur district, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"Poverty drove Rukhsana to commit suicide and kill her children," police inspector RK Gautam said in Balrampur.
The bodies were discovered by the woman`s husband Kallu, 33, a tailor who lost his job a few weeks ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened