UP: Pregnant woman kills self, two children
Lucknow: A poverty-stricken pregnant woman poisoned her two minor children to death before committing suicide in an Uttar Pradesh village, police said on Friday.
Rukhsana, 30, on Thursday evening made her son Ashfaq (3) and daughter Altama (2) consume poisonous tablets and then consumed the same.
The kids died in their house in Bhakar village of Balrampur district, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"Poverty drove Rukhsana to commit suicide and kill her children," police inspector RK Gautam said in Balrampur.
The bodies were discovered by the woman`s husband Kallu, 33, a tailor who lost his job a few weeks ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets