UP riots: Govt mulling to withdraw case against Muslim leaders
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh Government is considering to withdraw a case of inciting violence through inflammatory speeches filed against Muslim leaders, including BSP MP Kadir Rana during Muzaffarnagar riots.
According to official sources, the Law department of the government has asked the district authorities to send a report on withdrawal of the case filed against the leaders for allegedly inciting violence by making inflammatory speeches in a panchayat meeting at Khala Par here on August 31, 2013.
The case was filed against BSP MP Kadir Rana, MLAs Noor Saleem and Maulana Jameel Ahmad, former Congress minister Saeed-uz-Zaman and his son Salman saeed, community leaders Asad Zama, Naushad Qureshi, trader Ahsan, advocate Sultan Mashir and others.
Arrest warrants were also issued against them in the case by a local court. Kadir Rana and other accused except Saeed-uz-Zaman and three others, are on bail.
The SIT is investigating into the case, but no chargesheet has been filed so far.
On August 30, the accused Muslim leaders had called a meeting at Khala Par to protest against the August 27 killing of a Muslim youth, Shahnawaz, where they had made a speech allegedly threatening in tone and tenor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US-backed Syria rebels unleash offensive against IS capital
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...