UPPCL engineers go on strike in UP
Lucknow: Alleging discrepancies in promotions, engineers of the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) have threatened to go on a two-day strike on January 14 and 15.
"UP Rajya Vidyut Abhiyanta Sangh, an organisation of power engineers, have given a notice to the UPPCL management of two-day strike on promotion issue," secretary general of All India Power Engineers Federation Shailendra Dubey said.
He said that general category engineers of UPPCL were not getting promotions for last four years.
Abhiyanta Sangh`s general secretary Om Prakash Pandey alleged that the state government was denying promotion to the engineers of the general category despite that 100 engineers
posts were lying vacant.
He alleged despite the High Court`s order that reservation will not be applicable in promotions, engineers of reserved categories were being promoted to higher ranks.
Pandey said that recently assistant engineers of reserved category were promoted as executive engieer despite the fact that 212 were already posted as against the sanctioned limit
"The move has led to resentment among engineers of general category," he said.
He said that before strike, the engineers will abstain n from work in the morning shift on January 12 and 13.
The power engineers strike will coincide with the birthday of Chief Minister Mayawati on January 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof