Visitors to be allowed inside Taj Mahal on Fridays
Agra: The Taj Mahal will be thrown open for public on Fridays, but the visitors will have to shell out a hefty Rs 5,000 for a special ticket, which will cost 100 USD for a foreign tourist.
This was decided at a meeting chaired by Divisional Commissioner of Agra Pradeep Bhatnagar.
Visitors will be allowed in the world-famous monument of love from 7 am to 12 noon on Fridays, Bhatnagar said, adding the decision will be implemented soon.
Earlier, the 17th century Wonder of the World used to remain closed for public on Fridays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'