Wanted criminal held in Etawah
Meerut: A wanted criminal, carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, has been arrested from Etawah, police said here Thursday.
Yogesh Bhadora, a history-sheeter who gained notoriety leading gang wars in western Uttar Pradesh, was held last night after evading arrest on several occasions.
"Bhadora was arrested last night in Etawah and is being brought to Meerut," IG (Zone) Bhavesh Kumar today told reporters here.
Bhadora had been active in the Sarurpur area with the largest number of cases against him registered at the local police station.
Police sources said the rivalry between Bhadora and Udham Singh, another gang leader currently in jail, had led to several gang-war related deaths, following which police had intensified their search for him.
Following his arrest, speculation is rife that the gangster had used political connections to organise his surrender to police out of fear for his own life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say