Wanted criminal held in Etawah
Meerut: A wanted criminal, carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, has been arrested from Etawah, police said here Thursday.
Yogesh Bhadora, a history-sheeter who gained notoriety leading gang wars in western Uttar Pradesh, was held last night after evading arrest on several occasions.
"Bhadora was arrested last night in Etawah and is being brought to Meerut," IG (Zone) Bhavesh Kumar today told reporters here.
Bhadora had been active in the Sarurpur area with the largest number of cases against him registered at the local police station.
Police sources said the rivalry between Bhadora and Udham Singh, another gang leader currently in jail, had led to several gang-war related deaths, following which police had intensified their search for him.
Following his arrest, speculation is rife that the gangster had used political connections to organise his surrender to police out of fear for his own life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!