Wanted criminal held in Etawah
Meerut: A wanted criminal, carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, has been arrested from Etawah, police said here Thursday.
Yogesh Bhadora, a history-sheeter who gained notoriety leading gang wars in western Uttar Pradesh, was held last night after evading arrest on several occasions.
"Bhadora was arrested last night in Etawah and is being brought to Meerut," IG (Zone) Bhavesh Kumar today told reporters here.
Bhadora had been active in the Sarurpur area with the largest number of cases against him registered at the local police station.
Police sources said the rivalry between Bhadora and Udham Singh, another gang leader currently in jail, had led to several gang-war related deaths, following which police had intensified their search for him.
Following his arrest, speculation is rife that the gangster had used political connections to organise his surrender to police out of fear for his own life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter