Will teach lesson to Mayawati in 2012 Assembly polls: Ajit
Lucknow: Lashing out at the Uttar Pradesh
government for alleged corruption, Rashtriya Lok Dal chief
Ajit Singh on Saturday said it is his aim to "teach a lesson" to
Chief Minister Mayawati in next year`s Assembly elections.
"There are complaints of irregularities worth crores of
rupees meant for Central schemes like NRHM, mid-day meal and
JNNURM... It is Mayawati`s welfare in the state rather than
the welfare of the people," he told reporters here.
Singh said around half a dozen meetings would be held in
the eastern region of the state till June 15 to garner the
people`s support for the upcoming Assembly elections, when the
Lok Dal would "teach a lesson to Mayawati".
He also alleged that Mayawati was trying to protect
Mulayam Singh Yadav in the PDS scam in the state which took
place when he was the chief minister.
With the Samajwadi Party releasing its list of candidates
for a majority of seats, Singh said it was now clear that SP
chief Mulayam Singh Yadav wanted to go alone in the 2012
"It is now clear that Mulayam Singh Yadav has chalked out
his separate path in Uttar Pradesh," Singh said.
To questions about his talks for electoral understanding
with the Congress and Peace Party which has influence in the
eastern regions of the state, Singh said there has not been
any new breakthrough.
"Talks have been held and would also continue in future
(with Congress and Peace Party)," he said.
Referring to life imprisonment awarded to BSP MLA Shekhar
Tewari in the 2008 murder case of an engineer by a local court
yesterday, Singh said in case of a just and honest inquiry in
different cases, several BSP leaders including those who hold
various posts would be in jail.
Singh also said he supports the creation of a separate
Bundelkhand state for redressing the problems of the region as
separate development packages have failed to be of any help in
the last 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read