Woman immolates self, two children in Moradabad
Moradabad: A woman immolated herself along with her two minor children due to depression, police said Wednesday.
Usha Devi (27), a resident of Najarpur village, set herself afire Tuesday along with her four-year-old daughter and two-year-old son, inside her house, they said.
"Before locals could reach the spot to rescue them, the three succumbed to multiple burns. Preliminary investigations indicate that the woman took the extreme step owing to some marital discord,`` police inspector Akhilesh Pradhan told reporters.
Usha`s husband is absconding, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics