Woman immolates self, two children in Moradabad
Moradabad: A woman immolated herself along with her two minor children due to depression, police said Wednesday.
Usha Devi (27), a resident of Najarpur village, set herself afire Tuesday along with her four-year-old daughter and two-year-old son, inside her house, they said.
"Before locals could reach the spot to rescue them, the three succumbed to multiple burns. Preliminary investigations indicate that the woman took the extreme step owing to some marital discord,`` police inspector Akhilesh Pradhan told reporters.
Usha`s husband is absconding, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!