Woman under trial dead, family cries foul play
Badaun: A woman under trial lodged in district jail here died during treatment in hospital, police said on Monday.
Geeta Devi (45), lodged in jail in connection with an abduction case, was rushed to district hospital yesterday after she complained of stomach ache, Jail Superintendent Umesh Singh said.
Devi died during treatment, he added.
However, Devi`s family members alleged that during postmortem, injury marks were found on her body, which indicated "atrocities" on her inside the jail.
The police are probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details