Woman under trial dead, family cries foul play
Badaun: A woman under trial lodged in district jail here died during treatment in hospital, police said on Monday.
Geeta Devi (45), lodged in jail in connection with an abduction case, was rushed to district hospital yesterday after she complained of stomach ache, Jail Superintendent Umesh Singh said.
Devi died during treatment, he added.
However, Devi`s family members alleged that during postmortem, injury marks were found on her body, which indicated "atrocities" on her inside the jail.
The police are probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest