Youth beaten to death over love affair
Ghazipur: A 22-year-old youth was allegedly beaten to death by some unidentified persons over a love affair here, police said.
Surendra Yadav was killed in Sadar Kotwali area of the district, they said adding that the body was thrown in front of his house in Mirnapur village late Sunday night.
Surendra was having an affair with a girl in his neighbourhood against the wishes of her family members, they said.
A complaint against the absconding members of the girl`s family has been lodged and hunt is on to nab the culprits, they said.
Body of the deceased has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire