Youth dies in road accident, family suspects foul play
Ghaziabad: A 26-year-old youth died in a road accident on a highway in Vijay Nagar area here, police said Wednesday, even as his family members alleged that the death was a "planned murder".
The incident took place last night when victim Nitin Sisodia and his friend Abhishek Awasthi, both in an inebriated condition, were returning home on a motorcycle and hit a vehicle on the road, they said. After hearing of the mishap, family members of Sisodia reached to the spot and took the duo to a hospital.
While Awasthi survived, Sisodia succumbed to his injuries, they said.
The family members, however, have suspected foul play and have alleged that Sisodia was murdered by Awasthi and one Abhishek Kumar after making him consume alcohol, police said.
Alleging that the death was a "planned murder", the counsel of Sisodia said, "After killing him, the accused even stole the SIM card of his mobile phone."
Meanwhile, the police, has arrested Awasthi for rash driving.
"Nitin and Awasthi both were drunk and the motorcycle they were riding hit a vehicle leading to the accident," Vijay Nagar SHO Hardayal Singh Yadav, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?