Youth dies in road accident, family suspects foul play
Ghaziabad: A 26-year-old youth died in a road accident on a highway in Vijay Nagar area here, police said Wednesday, even as his family members alleged that the death was a "planned murder".
The incident took place last night when victim Nitin Sisodia and his friend Abhishek Awasthi, both in an inebriated condition, were returning home on a motorcycle and hit a vehicle on the road, they said. After hearing of the mishap, family members of Sisodia reached to the spot and took the duo to a hospital.
While Awasthi survived, Sisodia succumbed to his injuries, they said.
The family members, however, have suspected foul play and have alleged that Sisodia was murdered by Awasthi and one Abhishek Kumar after making him consume alcohol, police said.
Alleging that the death was a "planned murder", the counsel of Sisodia said, "After killing him, the accused even stole the SIM card of his mobile phone."
Meanwhile, the police, has arrested Awasthi for rash driving.
"Nitin and Awasthi both were drunk and the motorcycle they were riding hit a vehicle leading to the accident," Vijay Nagar SHO Hardayal Singh Yadav, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31