ASI to help restore Kedarnath temple
New Delhi: Archeological Survey of India (ASI) will help in restoration of Kedarnath Temple and other monuments in Uttarakhand which have been damaged in the devastating floods.
"ASI has the expertise and the experience of such restoration work not only in India but also in Cambodia," Culture Minister Chandresh Kumari Katoch said here today.
A team of ASI experts would be sent by the Ministry to assess the damage to the centuries-old temple and monuments once the relief and rescue operations are over.
"The team would prepare a blue print and a roadmap for restoration work with the help of the state government," Katoch said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof