BJP attacks U`Khand CM, ministers for `spending time in Delhi`
Dehradun: Opposition BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday attacked the Vijay Bahuguna government for "spending most of their time in Delhi" and showing less concern for the calamity-hit people even as the winter gripped the state.
"Snowfall has already begun in the state and thousands of people, who were rendered homeless by the calamity, do not know how they will spend the cruel winter months. But the Chief Minister and majority of his cabinet colleagues are spending most of their time in Delhi showing scant concern for the suffering masses," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Bhatt told PTI.
With most of the ministers camping in Delhi amid speculation about a change of guard in the state, no policy decisions are being taken and all development work has come to a halt, the BJP leader alleged.
"With the ministers not around, review meetings of different departments are not being held and senior officials` proposed visits to affected areas are being cancelled. In a situation like this, the disaster-hit people of the state feel very helpless," Bhatt said.
Asking Congress leaders to stop fighting with each other to grab the CM`s chair, he said they should better show some sensitivity towards the people who have lost all they had in the flashfloods and landslides in June.
Ever since the buzz about a change of guard in the state, the chief minister and his ministerial colleagues increased their visits to Delhi prompting AICC general secretary in-charge of party affairs in the state Ambika Soni to issue a directive asking them to visit the national capital only when absolutely necessary, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister