BJP women`s wing in Uttarakhand protests dismal law and order
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand BJP women`s wing on Thursday hit the streets across the state to protest the alleged dismal law and order scenario in the country under UPA government saying the recent gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi was not an isolated incident.
Shouting anti-UPA slogans, BJP Pradesh Mahila Morcha activists led by their state president Mamta Palaria held a procession in Haldwani against the Delhi gang-rape incident and burnt an effigy of the ruling coalition led by the Congress at the Centre.
Similar protest demonstrations followed by effigy burning were held by BJP women`s wing activists in Dehradun, Pachuwadoon, Kashipur, Haridwar and Roorkee.
The demonstration in the state capital were led by Pradesh Mahila Morcha general secretary Anuradha Dhyani who alleged that law and order had touched an all time low in the country under UPA.
"The brutal gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi is not an isolated incident. Hapless girls all over the country are being subjected to similar treatment," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?