BJP women`s wing in Uttarakhand protests dismal law and order
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand BJP women`s wing on Thursday hit the streets across the state to protest the alleged dismal law and order scenario in the country under UPA government saying the recent gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi was not an isolated incident.
Shouting anti-UPA slogans, BJP Pradesh Mahila Morcha activists led by their state president Mamta Palaria held a procession in Haldwani against the Delhi gang-rape incident and burnt an effigy of the ruling coalition led by the Congress at the Centre.
Similar protest demonstrations followed by effigy burning were held by BJP women`s wing activists in Dehradun, Pachuwadoon, Kashipur, Haridwar and Roorkee.
The demonstration in the state capital were led by Pradesh Mahila Morcha general secretary Anuradha Dhyani who alleged that law and order had touched an all time low in the country under UPA.
"The brutal gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi is not an isolated incident. Hapless girls all over the country are being subjected to similar treatment," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram