BJP women`s wing in Uttarakhand protests dismal law and order
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand BJP women`s wing on Thursday hit the streets across the state to protest the alleged dismal law and order scenario in the country under UPA government saying the recent gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi was not an isolated incident.
Shouting anti-UPA slogans, BJP Pradesh Mahila Morcha activists led by their state president Mamta Palaria held a procession in Haldwani against the Delhi gang-rape incident and burnt an effigy of the ruling coalition led by the Congress at the Centre.
Similar protest demonstrations followed by effigy burning were held by BJP women`s wing activists in Dehradun, Pachuwadoon, Kashipur, Haridwar and Roorkee.
The demonstration in the state capital were led by Pradesh Mahila Morcha general secretary Anuradha Dhyani who alleged that law and order had touched an all time low in the country under UPA.
"The brutal gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi is not an isolated incident. Hapless girls all over the country are being subjected to similar treatment," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors