BJP women`s wing in Uttarakhand protests dismal law and order
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand BJP women`s wing on Thursday hit the streets across the state to protest the alleged dismal law and order scenario in the country under UPA government saying the recent gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi was not an isolated incident.
Shouting anti-UPA slogans, BJP Pradesh Mahila Morcha activists led by their state president Mamta Palaria held a procession in Haldwani against the Delhi gang-rape incident and burnt an effigy of the ruling coalition led by the Congress at the Centre.
Similar protest demonstrations followed by effigy burning were held by BJP women`s wing activists in Dehradun, Pachuwadoon, Kashipur, Haridwar and Roorkee.
The demonstration in the state capital were led by Pradesh Mahila Morcha general secretary Anuradha Dhyani who alleged that law and order had touched an all time low in the country under UPA.
"The brutal gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi is not an isolated incident. Hapless girls all over the country are being subjected to similar treatment," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'