Child dies, six others ill after eating poisonous `prasad`

A child died and six others, including four children, were taken seriously ill after eating poisonous `prasad` at Natthanpur locality of Nehru Colony area here, police Wednesday said.

Last Updated: Apr 20, 2011, 16:19 PM IST

Dehra Dun: A child died and six others,
including four children, were taken seriously ill after
eating poisonous `prasad` at Natthanpur locality of Nehru
Colony area here, police Wednesday said.

The `prasad` was apparently distributed by an
unidentified scooterist who had come to the area last evening
to get his vehicle repaired.

The sweets was eaten by seven persons, including five
children. Nearly an hour after, all of them complained of
vomiting and uneasiness following which they were rushed to
two hospitals where one of the five children died today.

Ujjawal`s (11) body has been sent for post-mortem.
The condition of others is also stated to be serious.

Police is tying to establish the identity of the
scooterist.

PTI