Cong should fight 2014 polls under Rahul`s leaders
Dehra Dun: Indicating that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has had his innings at the helm, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Saturday said Congress should fight 2014 general elections under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi.
"The Prime Minister is completing his two terms. Now, Rahul Gandhi should lead the party in the 2014 elections," Bahuguna told reporters here.
Claiming that Rahul Gandhi alone enjoys countrywide acceptability and popularity, the Congress leader said he is the best person to be the future prime minister.
Exuding confidence that Congress would get another term in power after the 2014 elections, Bahuguna said the young leader will be the best trump-card of the party in the polls.
When asked what responsibility Gandhi should take, the chief minister said he should also take responsibilities both of the government as well as in the party.
"I want to see him in the government as well as in party," said Bahuguna.
When asked whether he was suggesting that the Prime Minister should now make way for Rahul Gandhi, Bahuguna quipped, "old order changes yielding place to new."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof