Cong should fight 2014 polls under Rahul`s leaders
Dehra Dun: Indicating that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has had his innings at the helm, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Saturday said Congress should fight 2014 general elections under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi.
"The Prime Minister is completing his two terms. Now, Rahul Gandhi should lead the party in the 2014 elections," Bahuguna told reporters here.
Claiming that Rahul Gandhi alone enjoys countrywide acceptability and popularity, the Congress leader said he is the best person to be the future prime minister.
Exuding confidence that Congress would get another term in power after the 2014 elections, Bahuguna said the young leader will be the best trump-card of the party in the polls.
When asked what responsibility Gandhi should take, the chief minister said he should also take responsibilities both of the government as well as in the party.
"I want to see him in the government as well as in party," said Bahuguna.
When asked whether he was suggesting that the Prime Minister should now make way for Rahul Gandhi, Bahuguna quipped, "old order changes yielding place to new."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights