Cong should fight 2014 polls under Rahul`s leaders
Dehra Dun: Indicating that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has had his innings at the helm, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Saturday said Congress should fight 2014 general elections under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi.
"The Prime Minister is completing his two terms. Now, Rahul Gandhi should lead the party in the 2014 elections," Bahuguna told reporters here.
Claiming that Rahul Gandhi alone enjoys countrywide acceptability and popularity, the Congress leader said he is the best person to be the future prime minister.
Exuding confidence that Congress would get another term in power after the 2014 elections, Bahuguna said the young leader will be the best trump-card of the party in the polls.
When asked what responsibility Gandhi should take, the chief minister said he should also take responsibilities both of the government as well as in the party.
"I want to see him in the government as well as in party," said Bahuguna.
When asked whether he was suggesting that the Prime Minister should now make way for Rahul Gandhi, Bahuguna quipped, "old order changes yielding place to new."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter