Congress expels 35 party men in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The Congress on Monday undertook a major clean-up drive in Uttarakhand, expelling as many as 35 party functionaries for alleged anti-party activities.
The state Congress disciplinary committee also issued notices to 100 party members over the same charge. Among those who have been given notices include Almora MP Pradeep Tamta and one of Harish Rawat’s sons.
It may be noted that Harish Rawat and his supporters had raised a banner of revolt after the party high command overlooked his candidature for the state chief minister’s post after the recently held Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days