Congress expels 35 party men in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The Congress on Monday undertook a major clean-up drive in Uttarakhand, expelling as many as 35 party functionaries for alleged anti-party activities.
The state Congress disciplinary committee also issued notices to 100 party members over the same charge. Among those who have been given notices include Almora MP Pradeep Tamta and one of Harish Rawat’s sons.
It may be noted that Harish Rawat and his supporters had raised a banner of revolt after the party high command overlooked his candidature for the state chief minister’s post after the recently held Assembly elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference