Congress expels 35 party men in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The Congress on Monday undertook a major clean-up drive in Uttarakhand, expelling as many as 35 party functionaries for alleged anti-party activities.
The state Congress disciplinary committee also issued notices to 100 party members over the same charge. Among those who have been given notices include Almora MP Pradeep Tamta and one of Harish Rawat’s sons.
It may be noted that Harish Rawat and his supporters had raised a banner of revolt after the party high command overlooked his candidature for the state chief minister’s post after the recently held Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter