Man convicted for raping woman in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment by a court in Uttarkashi for raping a woman in the district nine months ago.
District and Sessions judge RC Khulbe held Bharat Singh guilty of raping the 30-year-old woman and pronounced the verdict on him, prosecution sources said here.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 on the convict.
Singh pleaded guilty for raping the woman on August 7 last year when she was alone at her home in Mori village in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj