Man convicted for raping woman in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment by a court in Uttarkashi for raping a woman in the district nine months ago.
District and Sessions judge RC Khulbe held Bharat Singh guilty of raping the 30-year-old woman and pronounced the verdict on him, prosecution sources said here.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 on the convict.
Singh pleaded guilty for raping the woman on August 7 last year when she was alone at her home in Mori village in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'