Man convicted for raping woman in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment by a court in Uttarkashi for raping a woman in the district nine months ago.
District and Sessions judge RC Khulbe held Bharat Singh guilty of raping the 30-year-old woman and pronounced the verdict on him, prosecution sources said here.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 on the convict.
Singh pleaded guilty for raping the woman on August 7 last year when she was alone at her home in Mori village in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian