Man convicted for raping woman in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment by a court in Uttarkashi for raping a woman in the district nine months ago.
District and Sessions judge RC Khulbe held Bharat Singh guilty of raping the 30-year-old woman and pronounced the verdict on him, prosecution sources said here.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 on the convict.
Singh pleaded guilty for raping the woman on August 7 last year when she was alone at her home in Mori village in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium