Man convicted for raping woman in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment by a court in Uttarkashi for raping a woman in the district nine months ago.
District and Sessions judge RC Khulbe held Bharat Singh guilty of raping the 30-year-old woman and pronounced the verdict on him, prosecution sources said here.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 on the convict.
Singh pleaded guilty for raping the woman on August 7 last year when she was alone at her home in Mori village in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray