Men pass lewd comments on woman councillor, held
Dehradun: A group of men in a moving jeep passed lewd comments on a woman member of Dehradun Municipal Corporation and misbehaved with her in Mussoorie, a senior police official said here on Monday.
Six men, travelling in a Bolero, passed lewd comments on the woman councillor yesterday at Buranskhanda in Mussoorie hill station, DIG Ram Singh Meena said.
The woman along with her family had gone to Mussoorie to enjoy the snowfall, he said.
They even tried to pull the woman councillor into the jeep but failed as her family members and tourists intervened, the DIG said.
All the six eve-teasers had been arrested, he said.
Their vehicle had been impounded, Meena said, adding they hailed from Roorkee in Uttarakhand`s Haridwar district and Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says