Men pass lewd comments on woman councillor, held
Dehradun: A group of men in a moving jeep passed lewd comments on a woman member of Dehradun Municipal Corporation and misbehaved with her in Mussoorie, a senior police official said here on Monday.
Six men, travelling in a Bolero, passed lewd comments on the woman councillor yesterday at Buranskhanda in Mussoorie hill station, DIG Ram Singh Meena said.
The woman along with her family had gone to Mussoorie to enjoy the snowfall, he said.
They even tried to pull the woman councillor into the jeep but failed as her family members and tourists intervened, the DIG said.
All the six eve-teasers had been arrested, he said.
Their vehicle had been impounded, Meena said, adding they hailed from Roorkee in Uttarakhand`s Haridwar district and Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official