Men pass lewd comments on woman councillor, held
Dehradun: A group of men in a moving jeep passed lewd comments on a woman member of Dehradun Municipal Corporation and misbehaved with her in Mussoorie, a senior police official said here on Monday.
Six men, travelling in a Bolero, passed lewd comments on the woman councillor yesterday at Buranskhanda in Mussoorie hill station, DIG Ram Singh Meena said.
The woman along with her family had gone to Mussoorie to enjoy the snowfall, he said.
They even tried to pull the woman councillor into the jeep but failed as her family members and tourists intervened, the DIG said.
All the six eve-teasers had been arrested, he said.
Their vehicle had been impounded, Meena said, adding they hailed from Roorkee in Uttarakhand`s Haridwar district and Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt